Senior Robotics Software Engineer (PhD / MSc) (m/f)
NBCC Consulting is hiring for a client company that operates in the robotics area. The company develops cutting-edge technology in the field of robotics and is rapidly growing in Portugal.
Flexibility to cover several fields on a complex robotic software codebase.
Develop tools to ease AGVs configuration for developers, integrators and clients.
Deliver high-quality code for mission-critical systems running in thousands of robots.
MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
Strong coding skills in Python and C++.
Experience in Linux environment.
Solid understanding of robotics fundamentals. This should include some of the following fields: computer vision processing techniques, robot perception, sensor fusion, SLAM techniques, robot arm manipulation, kinematics and constraints, path planning, navigation algorithms or AI.
Experience in the mathematics of sensor measurement error, statistical error analysis, propagation of uncertainty.
- Matlab, OpenCV, PCL, Open3D
- ROS, MoveIt, Motion Planning
- Bayes Filters, SLAM, Control Theory
Knowledge of design patterns, data structures, TDD and OOP.
Experience with version control systems such as git.
Skills that make a difference:
- Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Reinforcement Learning.
- Industry knowledge of robotic arms, AGVs and gripping technologies.
- PLC programming experience and mixed hardware programming.
- Continuous integration and deployment with Agile or Scrum methodologies.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-managing.
- Fluent written and spoken English skills.
Position in a highly motivated multidisciplinary start-up team.
A competitive full-time payment negotiable based on experience.
Plenty of opportunity for growth, learn and development.
Employment Type - Full-time.